Sunday, April 15, 2007

A Knitter's Fantasy April 14, 2007












We did it !!


After months of planning, my
Northcoast Knitting Guild presented:


the 12th annual A Knitter's Fantasy in Warren, Ohio

Here are some highlights of the event...

Co - Chairs Mo and Sue gracefully put everything together

Ann & Louise were busy at our "For Sale" table, selling mugs, T-Shirts and note cards.

Louise also organized the 40 teachers for 51 classes.


Gloria and Rose sold RAFFLE tickets and we had terrific DOOR PRIZES.

Here is guild member, Marianne, with the clown she made for our raffle.








Thank you to Kathy, for handling the blankets and the Caps for Kids campaign.


We made 150 baby blankets which are being donated to a local Cleveland hopsital. Here are just some of them on display.


CAPS FOR KIDS is always a big success with contest winners in both the "Commerical" (Pictured on the right ) and "Original" (left) pattern categories.





















I also found some double pointed needles and an assortment of sock patterns at our
SWAP TABLE.


Cleveland knitter and writer, Connie Lane, was present at the

Soft 'n' Sassy
booth to autograph copies of her book,

"Knit Two Together".

Also among the 37 vendors were some of my favorite local yarn shops including.....

FINE POINTS

KNIT WIT KNITS

YARN KNIT BY SUE

YARNSMITHS

SUSAN YARNS

STITCH PIECE 'N' PURL

RIVER COLORS FIBER STUDIO

FRENCH CREEK FIBER ARTS

As a committee member, my job was to put together all the

name tags.

Teachers had flowers and committee members had a sock on their name tag.



Here I am !

I also had to time to take a class on MOSAIC KNITTING.

I actually practiced and figured out how to read the chart, thanks to the 3 generations of knitters on hand to teach and help in this class.


I TAUGHT my first class "FELTED BAG WORKSHOP".

This is a picture of the Noro Kureyon Ruffle Bag that I taught while explaining the felting process, showing examples of my bags, and giving tips and design ideas.



Here is Barbara, in my class, with a felted bag of her own made from LOPI.

I modeled my Hyphen-Boy Modular Felted Bag in the fashion show at lunchtime.

Other fashion show highlights included my friend (and fellow Dentist!) Marilyn with her

Einstein Coat. This project is on my To Do list from the book,

"The Knit Stitch" by Sally Melville.


In addition to handling the sale items, teaching, and offering her technical computer expertise in ALL the areas of our event,

Ann also had time to

show off her beautiful shawl......

and Guild Members, as group, made a SHEEP SCARF !

The pattern, from the book,

"Vogue Knitting On the Go Shawls"

is actually for a shawl, as seen here on Sue, but the rest of us made just

one strip for a fun scarf.


For more information about the NORTHCOAST KNITTING GUILD click

HERE


2 comments:

Yarngineer said...

Wow, it looks like you all did a great job with your event!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sounds like an awesome time! I really love those sheep scarves!