Tuesday, March 13, 2007

SECRET PAL 10 QUESTIONNAIRE

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here we go......

The Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

Hand-dyed, variegated, merino, ribbon, rayon, bamboo, silk, wool for felting.

What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Mohair or anything "itchy".

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

Plastic round containers.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn?

I learned as a child from my mother but I picked it up again 3 years ago.

Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

Intermediate

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes, I have a yummy Amazon wish list!

5. .What's your favorite scent?

Lavender, eucalyptus, bergamot. No incense please !

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

No, I prefer no chocolate or candy!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

I would like to try hand-dying yarn. If I had more time for other crafts, I would enjoy making my own greeting cards or scrapbooking. I used to do needle point, cross stitch, candle making, and stained glass.

Do you spin?

No, but I'd like to try.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

Oldies from the 70's, Broadway tunes. My computer plays music, I don't have an ipod.

9. What's your favorite color(s)?

Blue, aqua, turquoise, coral, indigo, aquamarine, sky blue

Any colors you can't stand?

Gray, yellow, orange, hot pink, tan

10. What is your family situation?

Divorced, single mother of 3 teenager daughers.

Do you have any pets?

No pets and I'm allergic to cats and dogs.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

I prefer scarves and shawls. I don't wear sweaters (too hot!).

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

Felted bags, scarves, shawls. I'm trying to learn to knit socks, afghans and flowers.

13. What are you knitting right now?

Cable Comfort Throw Afghan, Blue Moon Socks that Rock, Multidirectional scarf, Interlacements Feather and Fan Shawl, Felted Bags.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Yes!

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

Circular needles.

Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

Addi Turbo or Bamboo.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Yes, I recently purchased both.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

1 year old

18. What is your favorite holiday?

Passover, Thanksgiving, Chanukah.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Button collections, salt and pepper shakers.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?

My first choice is the book, "Knitted Flowers" by Nicky Epstein or "Stephanie Peral-McPhee (the Yarn Harlot) Casts Off"

"Yarns to Dye For: Creating Self-Patterning Yarns for Knitting" by Kathleen Taylor, or the "The Twisted Sisters Sock Workbook: Dyeing, Painting, Spinning, Designing, Knitting" also look delicious since I want to try dying my own yarn.

I've also been wanting a COLOR THEORY book or reference such as the

"Pick, Point & Match Rainbow Color Selector" COLOR WHEEL.


What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

Cast On (TKGA) and Knitter's Magazine


21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?

Mosaic, reading a chart, intarsia, easy lace.

22. Are you a sock knitter?

I'm a very beginner sock knitter.

What are your foot measurements?

Size 8 or 8 1/2 shoe.

23. When is your birthday?

July 10 - I'm turning 50 this summer !!!

Stay tuned for MORE and sign ups are still open until Feb. 28.

Click HERE for the SP 10 BLOG


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments: