Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Noni Bobble Bag Felted

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I am very proud of my NONI BOBBLE BAG. From this project I learned to knit and felt bobbles. On my next bag, I wouldn't stuff the big ones with as much poly fiber fill because it left some holes, where you can slightly see the white showing through.

I also would space the bobbles further apart.

It was not easy to sew on the handles into the thick material after it was felted.

I purchased this project as a pre-packaged kit at a booth at Stitches East and it was WAY short of the yarn amounts needed to make all the multi-colored bobbles. I emailed the shop, but sadly, I never got a reply.

Fortunately, I had plenty of feltable yarn in my stash to finish off the bobbles.

Stay tuned for MORE designs of felted bags with BOBBLES to come. Now I'm inspired to try other bobble arrangements.

No comments: