Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Knitting Retreat


I recently returned from a weekend knitting retreat with 12 members of my knitting guild.

We stayed at the

River's Edge Conference Center in Rocky River, Ohio.


No cell phones, internet, only knitting.




I worked on this catepillar for our Toy Competition

Here are some words to describe the getaway.......

comraderie

inside jokes

women's health

classical music

problem solving (life and knitting!)

listening to a music CD parody of

knitting by Wren Ross

sharing - trading ideas, inspiration, patterns, materials, techniques

receiving and complimenting each others work and talent

What a weekend, we are already signed up for next year !!

1 comment:

Lia said...

What fun! I am going to have to suggest something like that to my knitting group.

You have WONDERFUL yarn shops in Ohio! I am planning a shop hop from Columbus to Cincinnati for the 21st.