HERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO MY SECRET PAL 9 QUESTIONNAIRE:
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anything NORO, wool for felted bags, bamboo.
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I don't like mohair and I can't wear Wool or mohair....too itchy.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? Tall plastic round containers.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I learned as a child from my mother while she knit clothes for my Barbie dolls (which I still treasure) and afgans. I picked it up again a few years ago.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? Intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Yes!
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.) Lavender, patchouli, eucalyptus, and bergamot.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? No, not really.
Favorite candy? M & M's, Reese's peanut butter cups
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Candle making, needle felting, kool aid dying. I used to do needlepoint and cross stitch.
Do you spin? No, but I have a drop spindle free sample from a fiber festival.
8. What kind of music do you like? Broadway musicals, music from the 70's, techno.
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Yes.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Blue, purple, turquoise.
Any colors you just can't stand? Gray, yellow, tan.
10. What is your family situation? Divorced 10 years, single parent, 3 teenage daughters. One sister, healthy parents.
Do you have any pets? No pets and I'm allergic to cats and dogs !
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Yes, I wear all of them except hats. I do NOT wear sweaters at all because I'm HOT all the time and they are itchy.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Felted bags, scarves.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks that Rock, Artyarns multidirectional scarf, Fiber Trends Clogs, Noro felted bag.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yes, thank you.
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circular.
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo, but I'd like to try lantern moon and addi turbos.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? No.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Berrocco blanket - 2 years old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Passover, Thanksgiving, Chanukah
19. Is there anything that you collect? Salt and pepper shakers; my original Barbie, Ken & Skipper dolls, clothes and accessories; Madonna on magazine covers; buttons; refrigerator magnets, fish.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? ADDI Turbo needles, KOIGU, TREKKING sock yarn, Opal or Regia sock yarn that self patterns,
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Cast On (TKGA)
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Mobeius cast on, knitting socks on 1 long circular or 2 circulars, Intarsia.
22. Are you a sock knitter? I'm just now making my first pair called Socks that Rock from Blue Moon fiber arts.
What are your foot measurements? 9 inches long by 4 inches wide. Shoe size 8 1/2.
23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd) JULY 10