Sunday, May 03, 2009

A Day with LILY CHIN


REVERSIBLE CABLES WORKSHOP for the
with




Who doesn't love cables? Lily explained cables like I've never seen before. Using her hands, fingers, and descriptions of people that I will never forget.... I now understand cables !

Plus, she makes it so fun and entertaining.

Her NEW METHOD of charting makes it so much easier to understand and follow. You can visualize the way the knitting will look.

AND IT'S REVERSIBLE !!! It's amazing how she figures this stuff out....the secret is that it comes out reversible by doing RIBBING....

Now I'm ready to try to make her beautiful Reversible Cable Rib Shawl from Vogue Knitting Winter 1999/2000 and in the book "Vogue Knitting American Collection"

1 comment:

Judi P said...

You'll love it! I have one about 25% done in Colourmart cashmere fingering weight. I'm using kinda big needles and will block it agressively, but it's still not going to be as light and airy as, say, Kidsilk Haze would be. I modified the pattern to be 8 over 8 cables instead of 12 over 12, which was just too much for me. Mine is also a little narrower. Anyhow, remind me to show it to you so you can see another take on this great pattern.